Books In Smashing Color!

When my daughter was little she didn't play with her toys. She liked to organize them in 'rainbow' order. Early in her life, she had a distinct understanding of color and a love for order. I would like to think that she inherited those traits from me. It is so gratifying to see just a hint of who I am reflected in my daughter. Although my tastes in interior design have changed over the years, one thing has stayed consistent ~ I like rooms that have a system of order. I prefer a nuetral, clean palatte with an organized presentation of color. I find rooms that are balanced and symetrical calming. I love books and have many built-in bookshelves in my home and am always reworking them and trying new arrangments. I particluarly like to change them around when the seasons change. I have been inspired lately by the collection of photos I selected below where books have been arranged in 'rainbow' order. I should also mention that I have a magazine collection that I love to browse through on a regualr basis and like to incorporate 'my stacks' into the family room shelves.

{Homes and Gardens}

{Mrs. Howard}

Notice the little bar incorporated into the bookshelf display.

I love the thought of 'finding' space for books under a window seat and creating a light filled reading nook.

{Charlotte Moss via Elle Decor}

I have always liked a room stacked to the ceiling with books. I'm not sure when my affection for a library ladder started but need to go ahead and put it on my 'one day' design list.


{Traditional Home}


{Mrs. Howard}

{Mrs. Howard}

{Martha Stewart Living}

{Elle Decor}

{Domino}
You have read this article bookshelves / color / displaying books / library with the title Books In Smashing Color!. You can bookmark this page URL http://porentreospingosdechuva.blogspot.com/2010/09/books-in-smashing-color.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Books In Smashing Color!"

Post a Comment