Recipe: Lavender Hot Chocolate




I wanted to share with you a recipe that I am absolutely dying to try ~ Lavender Hot Chocolate. I also discovered a beautiful new food blog:



These photos have been seducing me all morning. I feel like I can taste them just by looking at them. I mean, I love chocolate and I love lavender... the idea of combining the two on this frigid Winter day intrigues me.

Let me know if you give it a try! 

It would make a wonderful treat for Valentine's Day especially since we are expecting a few snow flurries here on Tuesday!








I discovered this lovely recipe here.


lavender hot chocolate


Since lavender is quite fragrant, adjust amount according to preference. For a creamier hot chocolate, a 1 to 1 ratio of dark to milk chocolate can be used. Makes 2 servings.

hot chocolate:
2 cups whole milk
3 ounces dark chocolate (70% cacao)
1 ounce milk chocolate
1/4 teaspoon lavender buds

whipped cream:
1/2 cup cold heavy whipping cream
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract or seeds from 1/4 of a whole vanilla bean pod
1/2 tablespoon granulated white sugar

For whipped cream, place cold cream, vanilla, and sugar into a cold mixing bowl. Beat the mixture with a whisk or mixer until stiff peaks form. keep refrigerated until ready for use.

For hot chocolate, heat milk and lavender over medium heat, whisking occasionally until the milk begins to simmer. Remove from heat and let lavender steep for 5 minutes. Strain lavender and return milk to saucepan. Over medium heat, add chocolate and mix until chocolate is melted and incorporated. Whisk milk mixture for 10-20 seconds until frothy. Pour into mugs or bowls and serve with a dollop of whipped cream.


Photobucket
You have read this article recipes with the title Recipe: Lavender Hot Chocolate. You can bookmark this page URL http://porentreospingosdechuva.blogspot.com/2012/02/recipe-lavender-hot-chocolate.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Recipe: Lavender Hot Chocolate"

Post a Comment