Farmer's Market Friday: Blueberry Picking

Mini Blueberry Tarts from Coastal Living

Picking blueberries is one of those simple pleasures in life I look forward to every summer. I am the first to admit that sometimes I take for granted some of these little things available to me in the South and only 10 minutes from my house. That's why I was just so excited when my friend, GiGi invited me over today to pick blueberries and play bridge in their family farmhouse. She made us lunch and picked flowers from her garden for the table. Blueberry season starts just about the time it is absolutely a million degrees outside that's why yesterday was so exceptional. It was a bluebird day with a cool breeze and blue skies!

I always get carried away and pick more than we can eat. I have a favorite recipe that is incredibly easy and always delicious that I make every time I pick blueberries but this year I thought I would branch out and try few new things.

Here are some of the recipes I think I might try:

Blueberry Cornbread Muffins from Martha Stewart





{I plan to substitute blueberries for the cherries}

Sprinkles Blueberry Farm in Winston Salem

Here we are with our heads in the middle of the bushes. The owner of the farm recommended that we seek the best and biggest berries by diving deep into the middle of the bush. He was right!




Here's my simple recipe for Blueberry Cobbler:

3/4 Stick of Butter
2 Cups Blueberries
3/4 Cup Sugar
3/4 Cup Flour
3/4 Cup Milk
2 Teaspoons Baking Powder

Combine sugar, flour, milk and baking powder. Melt the butter in casserole dish. Add the flour mixture. Add the fruit to the top. Bake at 300 degrees for one hour or until brown.

Thanks GiGi for a lovely day!

Photobucket
You have read this article Farmer's Market Friday / recipes with the title Farmer's Market Friday: Blueberry Picking. You can bookmark this page URL http://porentreospingosdechuva.blogspot.com/2011/07/farmer-market-friday-blueberry-picking.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Farmer's Market Friday: Blueberry Picking"

Post a Comment