Soups On




I don't know about you but as soon as the weather even gives me the slightest hint of fall, I want to make soup. Today, it is pouring down rain {again}and a little gloomy so I made soup.


Here's what I made Chicken with White Beans. It actually doesn't have a fancy name because I made it up. I do that a lot and many months later a friend will send me an email requesting the recipe and I have forgotten how I made it. This one's a keeper so I thought I would share.

Chicken Soup with White Beans and Green Chillies

{1} Package Chicken tenderloins, cut in bite size pieces
{1} small vadilla Onion, Diced
{1} can diced, fire roasted Green chillies
{ 4 or 5} miniature red, orange, yellow sweet bell peppers, diced
{1} can chicken broth
{1} can cannellini white beans
Dash garlic salt
Salt and pepper to taste

Brown the chicken pieces until almost cooked through, add the green chillies, onions and peppers. Season with salt, pepper and a dash of garlic salt. Saute vegetables until tender. Deglaze the pan with the chicken broth and add the white beans. Serve hot with a sprinkle of parmasean cheese and a little red pepper flakes.




I keep these homemade crackers that i get at Whole Foods on hand. You'll die when you taste them! They are delicious with soup but also make a great appetizer with cheese or a white bean dip.



The only thing that would make my soup taste better would be eatting out of these handmade pottery bowls from Bergdorf Goodman.


from Vogue's best summer hostess gift list.

Photobucket
You have read this article with the title Soups On. You can bookmark this page URL http://porentreospingosdechuva.blogspot.com/2011/09/soups-on.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Soups On"

Post a Comment