Bedside Manner



I recently joined Pinterest and have become addicted to enchanted with collecting all my favorite inspirations. I can see why a lot of bloggers are a little uneasy right now, wondering whether all of our faithful readers are now spending their free time browsing Pinterest. I know I am guilty! I hope that sharing the places, people and ideas that are inspiring my design choices, it will give you some interesting things to pin to your personal design boards. 

Pinterest has already helped me solve a few of my most pressing design decisions. For example, I found the most amazing modern pergola design that has a retractable sunbrella awning. Follow the link to my garden board to see what I am talking about. Really, it something I could have never imagined and something I hope to incorporate into my new patio before the summer arrives.

Today's Post: Bedside Manner


Today's post will with share with you a few of my favorite bedrooms and explore the many options for pairing a table by the bedside. The nightstand or bedside table has to be more than aesthetically pleasing but serve an important function within the room. The function certainly varies slightly with the type of bedroom - Master, guest, child's, vacation bedroom - but essentially, the bedside table needs to accommodate the basic clutter that goes with slumber. 

Beth Webb's bedroom from the 'Rustic and Refined' Atlanta Home Magazine showhouse {above} has me tickled pink. I just love it! Atlanta Homes Magazine describes it perfectly:

"The finishes on the painted bedside tables and rough-hewn bench are in perfect juxtaposition with the more refined textures of the iron bed and crisp linens. Soft, sophisticated color was added to the room by mixing in plush throw pillows, a soft coverlet and a Madeline Weinrib rug."

Webb paired the iron canopy bed with a pair of painted two-tier tables from Bungalow Classic. If this were my own bedroom, I would not have selected a matching pair. I think it would be nice to have a small chest in a similar whitewashed finish on one side of the bed to offer some additional storage away from prying eyes. For the record, I really like those pillows! Designer, Phoebe Howard, gives her advise here on 'the rules' for pairing non-matching pairs.  



Tara Shaw's bedroom from the House of Windsor showhouse is one of my favorite bedrooms and a very popular 'pin'. I like the mix of modern elements with old world treasures and its edited simplicity. I adore the Swedish Rococo Console Table from Tara Shaw Maison and of course, there's an Hermes blanket almost out of view draped over the window seat that is in the same dreamy color as the velvet accent pillow. I wish I could have visited this showhouse in person.




Atlanta Interior Designer Liz Williams used a whitewashed gate leg table by the bedside for her bedroom design in the Atlanta Homes Magazine Christmas House. The color palette in this room is so fresh and pretty. I love a soft and feminine palette in the master bedroom. Sorry guys! I am also coveting the double gourd lamp in that yummy citron color. In general, I really like the demilune shape at least on one side of the bed. It breaks up the matchy-matchy feeling of two square tables or chests.


The bedrooms designed by Phoebe Howard always take my breath away and that is exactly what I am looking for in a bedroom - a serene space. She uses one of my favorite tables from Chelsea Textiles as a nightstand that doubles as a desk. Using a desk on one side of the bed is a great way to add function without taking up additional floor space in a small bedroom.





I like the eclectic styling and blue and brown color palette of this interesting bedroom. It is interesting how the designer combines masculine and feminine elements. I especially like the two-tier linen upholstered table with nailhead detail used as the nightstand. I always have a lot of things that I like to keep close at hand by the bed, especially a lot of books and magazines, and like the storage potential this table offers. I couldn't find the source for this table but found a similar table from Dransfield and Ross here.


I like to see vintage or antique finds used as bedside tables and think this little rustic table is quiet cool. I love the mix of old and new. The masterful mix of organic materials creates textural beauty and interest.


I like the eclectic modern vibe in this bedroom that features the oh-so-popular Parson's table at the bedside. I like the Parson's tables at West Elm that have a little drawer but Walmart also has an inexpensive version. The styling for this vignette is inspiring. 


An antique chinese altar table adds global interest to this twin bedroom from the Folly Beach House of Interior Designer Amelia Handegan. I like to see a bedside table paired with an upholstered stool or bench.  


The styles of Chinese Altar tables vary widely. I liked this one from Red Egg.



Here's another coastal bedroom from Tracery Interiors that features a skirted round table at the bedside. I like the style of this skirted table because of the special attention to detail like the solid top, pleats and nailhead accents. Don't miss the dressmaker details on the simple curtain panels.


Skirted tables don't have to be round. This rectangular skirted table would be an easy DIY weekend project. If you are not into DIY, try this skirted table with hidden storage from Wisteria.


This happy bedroom from Designer Amanda Nisbet grabbed my attention as it features one of my favorite textile designs from Galbraith and Paul - Tulip in the Lilac colorway. This is a great example of a sophisticated little girl's room or a vacation home bedroom. The white lacquered two-tier table is a great choice for the bedside.

I hope you have enjoyed exploring my favorite bedroom designs and that these drool-worthy images spark your sense of imagination and find their way onto your Pinterest boards

Photobucket
You have read this article bedrooms / Pinterest with the title Bedside Manner. You can bookmark this page URL http://porentreospingosdechuva.blogspot.com/2012/03/bedside-manner.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Bedside Manner"

Post a Comment