Restaurant Crush: JCT Atlanta





It all started with the tag line. I was in the mood for 
Southern Farmstead Cooking

Can you have a crush on a restaurant?

Before we even entered JCT in Atlanta, we knew we were in for a blog-worthy evening. Neat loft-like building with a crusty old brick exterior and industrial vibe; a cool typography sign, espalier trees, fresh modern farmhouse decor and an interesting menu with so much I wanted to order that I will definitely be back for another try. Valeting the car was out of the question given the mother load of stuff we had crammed into the car following our trip to the Scott Antique Market.

"Excuse me valet driver - Don't worry, that lamp finial just sounds like it's going to break the window.
Oh no! Don't move the driver's seat back, you'll break that wine bottle lamp stuffed behind the seat.
I know you can't see out of the rear view mirror. Just don't park anywhere that you have to back up."

Just kidding as I don't make a habit of valeting the car. However, our car really did look like it could be on the next edition of hoarders and am very thankful that the finial did not break the window. My sister was driving since she knows Atlanta. She told me her evening prayer was "Please don't let me wreak Richard's car." {my husband's car} As we walked up to the restaurant, we passed an impressive line of uber-cars waiting for the valet.


After getting up at 5:00 am to be the first ones in the door at Scott Antique Market, we were two very tired and hungry sisters that were in the mood for a hip place and a glass of wine. We took the advise of our server and ordered the "Truffle Parmesan Fries" ...a very good decision!

{Truffle Parmesan Fries}


Can you see the railroad tracks in the background? 
JCT is an abbreviation for junction. This is an old train junction.
It's located on the backside of the Westside Urban Market just behind Sid Mashburn.

In this picture you can see the espalier fruit trees in large planters that frame in the outside bar. The JCT website says they feature live music on Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings...one more reason I need to plan another visit.


I love the modern farmhouse decor, especially the brown ticking stripe curtains that divide the restaurant. 






I am so glad I found this picture on the web of one of the restaurant banquettes. Notice the ticking detail on the outside of the banquettes and simple white farmhouse paneling...so simple and clean.


The outside courtyard is just as charming as the inside with espalier fruit trees, topiary, French garden furniture and modern sculpture.









If you go...don't forget your after dinner mint Mr. Lemonhead. I should have known they would totally close the deal so i would visit JCT every time I go to Atlanta. 

Mr. Lemonheads are my favorite candy!



Photobucket
You have read this article Atlanta / espalier / Restaurant Design / Smith Hanes with the title Restaurant Crush: JCT Atlanta. You can bookmark this page URL http://porentreospingosdechuva.blogspot.com/2012/03/restaurant-crush-jct-atlanta.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Restaurant Crush: JCT Atlanta"

Post a Comment