Details I love: Antique Shutters


The next detail I am exploring as I search for charming ways to update my 1970's mountain house is the addition of antique shutters to the pantry in the kitchen. 

As I explained in my last post here, the bones of the kitchen will stay the same - the cabinetry, the black appliances and the basic floor plan and layout. I will be adding hardwood floors, a plank ceiling with old beams, recessed lighting and new pantry doors and shelving. I am also planning to paint the cabinets a soft gray similar to the picture above.

Can you see it?


{Mountain House Project, Before: Pantry Doors}

I am always very shy about showing before pictures especially when I don't have the after pictures to give you that eureka moment...but here is a picture of the bi-fold pantry doors that we will be replacing with old shutters. My fabulous sister is en route to Atlanta as we speak, on her way to the Scott Show, with measurements in hand! I am dying with anticipation!


We are also planning to add new shelving to the pantry's interior. It currently has old wire shelving. The new look will have modern, clean lines with a wide, flat stile like the image above and rolling baskets for paper towels and basics.



Photobucket
You have read this article antiques / Design is in the Details / interior shutters / the pantry with the title Details I love: Antique Shutters. You can bookmark this page URL http://porentreospingosdechuva.blogspot.com/2013/02/details-i-love-antique-shutters.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Details I love: Antique Shutters"

Post a Comment