Stripes: Coloring Outside the Lines

Recently, I have been inspired by stripes used in new and intriguing ways. I have been craving a little modern updating for my own home. Bringing in stripes in some of these new ways might be the answer. My home is very traditional that's why I have selected the images below. Although the pictures offer bold and inspiring modern design aesthetic, they pay homage to tradition. My daughter turns sixteen this September, and we are considering finishing our basement so she and her friends have a welcoming place to gather. I would love to try painting the stairs. Any of the painting techniques would make an impressive DIY project but would need to be coupled with plenty of research, patience and a very accurate level. I'll keep you 'posted' if I give it a try! Enjoy!

{Image via Lonny Magazine by designer Lee Kleinhelter, pieces}

{Melissa Warner}

{2010 Coastal Living Idea House, Seabrook, Washington}




{Alessandra Branca via Southern Accents}




{image via Domino}



(Shelton, Mindel & Associates}

{Mark Cutler via Elle Decor}


{image via Domino}
You have read this article horizontal stripes / lonny magazine / painted floors / stripes with the title Stripes: Coloring Outside the Lines. You can bookmark this page URL http://porentreospingosdechuva.blogspot.com/2010/07/stripes-coloring-outside-lines.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Stripes: Coloring Outside the Lines"

Post a Comment