Day {3}: The Christmas Wreath

{a Christmas wreath made of moss from Martha Stewart. You can purchase a moss wreath from Timeless Elements here.}
Last night I went to my first Christmas party of the year. It's an annual tradition, a reunion of such. The twelve of us served together on a non-profit board some seven years ago and have been getting together each year for a Christmas dinner. The highlight of the evening is the annual {quiz} complete with prizes! This year's quiz focused on identifying the most Christmas OC {Obsessive Compulsive} of the group, a tall order given the room was full of Type A's. You received points for having all your Christmas shopping already done, Christmas cards mailed, the house completely decorated, shopping on black Friday and the list goes on. Shhh! I shouldn't admit this to you BUT I scored a big {0} points! I think I should have been given an honorary prize for not scoring any points ~ the Grinch prize! I was amazed that many in the group had points in the 30's. Ughh!

Needless to say, I think it is time I put a wreath on the door! I have a little problem, I don't like off-the-rack wreaths {or Christmas Cards or Decorations or...}. Every year, I go around to every place in town and come home empty handed. Then, sometime, usually just before Christmas I make it. My favorite wreath in town adorns a friend's door each year, it is a large handmade cross covered in boxwood.

If you are still looking for a wreath that is unusual, you might try Terrain here or Viva Terra here.

{what's not to love about this simply beautiful silhouette especially the pair of crowns in the window}

{three is better than one from Martha Stewart and i love the door color!}

{ I love the rustic, shiny composition! also from Martha}

{this wreath made of succulents is Divine and is available online at Viva Terra.}

{red berries on an old blue door}




{the ladies that normally make the famous sweetgrass baskets in Charleston, SC are now busy at work fashioning tallow berry wreaths}



{Country Living}

{I love this image from Country Living where they adorn an old wood farm antique with greenery...a clever wreath with tremendous personality!}

{a lovely little Christmas vignette with a few of my favorite things ~ pretty old books, silver and gold shimmer, fresh greenery, beautiful ribbon and seashells! This could be an inspiration board for my Christmas decorating this year or any year!}



I went in search of a boxwood wreath more than one day this week and came home empty handed. I usually make my wreath from magnolia. I think I have decided to make it again this year and spray paint a few of the leaves gold like the wreath above. I guess I better get started!

{and my favorite Christmas wreath image for the year...got to love it!}

Photobucket
You have read this article Christmas / wreath with the title Day {3}: The Christmas Wreath. You can bookmark this page URL http://porentreospingosdechuva.blogspot.com/2010/12/day-3-christmas-wreath.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Day {3}: The Christmas Wreath"

Post a Comment