My Favorite Blog Posts from 2010

Looking back through the year, I wanted to share with you some of the posts from my favorite blogs that made me smile or laugh, brought me inspiration, intrigued me and left me wanting to learn more. I am sure there were some fascinating posts in the first quarter last year but evidently my memory only goes back until about mid-summer. I think I need to start thinking about what inspires me a little bit earlier next year.

Here it is! My favorite posts from 2010:


I look forward to reading all the posts from Brooke Giannetti at Velvet & Linen but three of her posts this year have really stuck with me and top my list of my favorite posts of 2010. If you are looking for some inspiration these last few days of the holiday break visit Velvet & Linen and check out The Children's Study and Leila's room. I think these two posts really resonated with me because I love working with my daughter to create spaces for her that are personal and kid stylish. Both of these posts are packed with inspiration and walk you through the design process. Finally, my absolute favorite post of the year is an evening with Penelope Bianchi and Lars Bolander. I laughed out loud when I read she screamed in the carpool line after learning Penelope Bianchi was reading her blog. If you have not read this post, its a must-read for the year complete with an incredible tour of Penelope Bianchi's home and enchanting gardens!



Another one of my favorite morning reads is the blog Nest Egg. I first discovered Rachel Halvorson's blog after reading Southern Style 21 Architects, Artists, Designers & Craftsmen Who are Making Us All Look Good,  the cover article in the August/September issue of Garden & Gun. To view the post that first captured my loyalty see It's A Swing Thing and Garden & Gun


So, I have always wanted a dutch door and loved the collection of inspiring images posted at Willow Decor. If you too are obsessed with the dutch door you will enjoy Welcome Back Thru Dutch Doors.



Heather Clawson from Habitually Chic does a great job of exposing us to the many important people and design related happenings in New York City. I found her post ~ At Home With Jeremiah Goodman ~ intriguing to say the least! She described seeing this incredibly talented artist at his home and art studio like she "pulled back the curtain on the almighty Oz." I couldn't agree more. I am always intrigued by artists. How they live, their studios and their environments, as well as where they get their inspiration.


I follow the blog Limestone & Boxwoods and know that when a post arrives, I will like it. I loved his post on Pursley Architecture in Charlotte but I think my favorite post was this summer on Bench Seating in the Kitchen. I have a bench seat pulled up to my kitchen island and absolutely love it. If you are considering updating your kitchen anytime soon, this post will inspire you with not only bench seating but clean lined kitchens that are fresh and modern.

Pam Pierce of Houston is one of my most favorite interior designers and I loved seeing her simple and natural Christmas decor on Boxwood Terrace. The post is entitled Snowed In which is exactly why I was reading this post. The landscape in the South is still blanketed with snow.

I would love to know what inspired you this year.
Are there a few special blog posts out there I need to read? Please share!

I hope that many of my posts have inspired you this year and brought something meaningful to your life. Thanks for reading my blog. I look forward to another year of reading your comments and emails.Photobucket
You have read this article with the title My Favorite Blog Posts from 2010. You can bookmark this page URL http://porentreospingosdechuva.blogspot.com/2010/12/my-favorite-blog-posts-from-2010.html. Thanks!

No comment for "My Favorite Blog Posts from 2010"

Post a Comment