The Stylish and Well-stocked Pantry

{Image via Cape Cod Designs}

I love the mix of the gray shelving, Belgian wicker baskets and white dinnerware in this space. It's not actually a pantry but part of the styling for a restaurant.

It's always a challenge to figure out what to do with all that extra stuff that we really need but might not use everyday. Where do you put those large platters or the extra dinnerware for entertaining? I like it when homeowners show these "essentials" on shelving in plain view. I also like to see antique cupboards in the kitchen used as a pantry. You certainly wouldn't be afraid to let a dinner guest visit the pantry to help set the table. I love to have my guests sit with me and have a glass of wine while I finish dinner. They are always offering to help but I truly don't want them rummaging through the house to find my platters!


This pantry is perfection! I love the lighting.

{Perfectly Put Together}

One way you can make the pantry more interesting is to consider upgrading the door. I like the way the home above has positioned the pantry in a corner and added these doors with opaque glass or below where they have added a family message center with chalkboard paint.

{Country Living}

{via Searching for Style from Country French Antiques}

Here's a great example of using an antique to hold all those over sized platters and creamware used for special occasions.

{Writer's Block UK}

{Briger + Briger}


{Pam Pierce's kitchen and pantry via Cote de Texas}

{open pantry shelving via Cote de Texas}


{Martha Stewart}

I shared this lovely photo with you recently. In case you don't remember ~ it is the lovely table of my favorite interior designer Pam Pierce. I am sharing it with you now because it actually has a lot to do with the essentials I keep in my pantry.
My Top 10 Essentials for a Well Stocked Pantry:

{1} White dinnerware, platters and a cake stand.
{2} freshly laundered linen napkins
{3} wineglasses, bar ware and ice bucket
{4} Silver ~ it's essential in the South
{5} Candles ~ unscented for the table and my favorites for the entrance hall & powder room



{6} Gourmet essentials ~ Olive Oil, Champagne Wine Vinegar, Dijon Mustard, Tomatoes & Good Pasta, Capers, Olives, Sun dried Tomatoes, Roasted Red Peppers, Chutney and Herbs de Provence

{7} Collection of Flower Containers + Oasis
{8} Wine
{9} Cake Stand and Glass Dome
{10} Cookbooks

When I was putting together this post, I stumbled upon a wonderful video from Laura Calder of the Cooking Channel's French Food at Home. The video is entitle "The Essential French Pantry." Here's the link:

Forgive the open link! Blogger is getting the best of me as I can not figure out how to embed a link when I make my posts longer than my viewing screen. Technology is not my strength!
Photobucket
You have read this article the pantry / working spaces with the title The Stylish and Well-stocked Pantry. You can bookmark this page URL http://porentreospingosdechuva.blogspot.com/2011/01/the-stylish-and-well-stocked-pantry.html. Thanks!

No comment for "The Stylish and Well-stocked Pantry"

Post a Comment