True Colors


Decisions, decisions! Choosing paint colors from Farrow and Ball....

How do you choose your paint colors?

Before I select a paint color for my room, I order the sample pot and paint large foam core samples. Here are a selection of the paint samples from Farrow and Ball I used to pick the finished paint color for my kitchen {above}  and entrance hall {below}. I painted the sample boards and lived with them day and night to see how the color changed as the light changed. I honestly don't think you can go wrong with any color from Farrow and Ball. They seem to have a complexity and softness I find alluring.


{my entrance hall painted Farrow and Ball 'Stony Ground'}


{sample pots...the greatest innovation!}


{Katy Elliott}

Last March Katy Elliott sampled some Farrow and Ball paints on a wall during her construction process {From left to right: Cooking Apple Green, Teresa’s Green, Verte De Terre, Light Blue, Green Ground, Saxon Green} This is a great way to decision paint colors. The only problem is that I love all the choices! Each color brings a slightly different aesthetic.

When we renovated our house ten years ago, we opened it up so that every room flows into another. One of the reasons I like Farrow and Ball paint so much is that the colors are harmonious and flow easily from one room to another.

On February 1st, {Farrow and Ball} will release nine new colors!
Here's a sneak peek with a little insight into the inspiration behind the hue:



Photobucket
You have read this article choosing paint colors / Farrow and Ball / home sweet home with the title True Colors. You can bookmark this page URL http://porentreospingosdechuva.blogspot.com/2011/01/true-colors.html. Thanks!

No comment for "True Colors"

Post a Comment