The Perfect Vignette


Have you ever wondered what makes a vignette pleasing?


I adore the simple composition above.

The question ...

Is it really that simple to create the perfect vignette?


 If you haven't noticed, I am just a tad obsessed with Suzanne Rheinstein's New York pied a terre. Rheinstein's entrance hall is curated like a master painting. Be sure to notice all the details especially that iridescent trim color at the ceiling and the dark gray brown around the base of the room. Although I think we are all fooled by the mastery of good photography, I would be willing to place a bet that this entrance is as pretty in person as it is in this glorious photo. I say it is all in the composition. It has all the artistic merits of a compelling piece of art ~ a beautiful color palette with a well-placed pop of color, balance, proportion, depth and perspective.  I have noticed more and more that I like a well-placed "mid-height" element in a room. The contrasting dark patina of the little antique table in the foreground with the pop of color from the magnolia blossom really does it for me.
Photobucket
You have read this article art / Suzanne Rheinstein / vignette with the title The Perfect Vignette. You can bookmark this page URL http://porentreospingosdechuva.blogspot.com/2011/02/the-perfect-vignette.html. Thanks!

No comment for "The Perfect Vignette"

Post a Comment