Cottage Industry: Discovering Galbraith and Paul


What's not to love about Galbraith and Paul textiles?

It must be the artist in me that has thrown me head over heels for Galbraith and Paul!

Galbraith and Paul started in 1986 in Philadelphia as a cottage industry making handmade paper shades and has grown into a fabric design and printing studio with a collection of lighting with hand block printed shades, textiles and rugs. I am inspired by their commitment to the 'Studio Workshop Tradition' and enjoyed reading about their design processes on their informative website.


Galbraith & Paul creations are block printed to order, one shade and one yard at a time. Can you even stand it! How many fabric company's are still making fabrics the old fashioned way ~ hand block printed? These images of the printing process make me love it even more! Because it is printed to order, G & P allows for color substitutions and custom colors.

"The imperfection on each piece is the very thing that makes it special" Ephraim Galbraith

I couldn't agree more. The subtleties in color and unique textures created from the printing process are what I am drawn to. I love anything 'touched by an artist'. I also love their original color combinations and unique graphic patterns.



Galbraith's designs draw inspiration from diverse styles and cultures, including the bold graphics of Scandinavian textiles, the botanical silhouettes of the Arts & Crafts movement and traditional Japanese floral patterns.


I think I have found my dream job!






You have read this article cottage industry / galbraith and paul / made in america / textiles with the title Cottage Industry: Discovering Galbraith and Paul. You can bookmark this page URL http://porentreospingosdechuva.blogspot.com/2010/10/cottage-industry-discovering-galbraith.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Cottage Industry: Discovering Galbraith and Paul"

Post a Comment