High Point Furniture market: 2010 Antiques Part II


{John McDonald}

The graphic appeal of these third world transoms captivated me from the second I walked in.  The rich gray, brown paint color was a perfect choice to display these old treasures turned art. I actually came home with a pair for my own home. I plan to use the pair I bought over a pair of interior doors.

{Big Creek Antiques}

Travis from BCA Imports shared interesting stories about his antique buying trips to Scandinavia. He explained that a lot of the homes as well as the antiques in Sweden and the surrounding countries are painted red because the predominant pigment available was a by-product of the mining around the turn-of-the-century. He had an assortment of clocks, furniture and accessories. My favorite from his offering is pictured above, an authentic dovecote from Sweden. Should I have brought it home?


{Genesee River ~ Steve and Allison Trainor}

 
{Genesee River ~ Steve and Allison Trainor}
Unfortunately they didn't have ALLISON. It would have made an impression with my new Frye cowboy boots!

{A. Tyner Antiques}

Veteran antique dealers, Angie and Hugh Tyner, selected an incredible offering of Swedish antiques clocks, furniture, lighting, architectural fragments, quirky found objects as art, jewelry from old roman coins, framed botanicals and Swedish books. The Tyners have had a strong presence at the High Point market for many years and their experience shows with their artful selection {and reasonable prices}.

{A. Tyner Antiques}

{A. Tyner Antiques}

{A. Tyner Antiques}

I am always looking for interesting art and antiques with unusual shapes to mix in with books in bookshelves or to create artistic vignettes on chests or side tables. The pedestal mounted pieces pictured above and on the chest below all have a history that would invite great conversations and add new dimensions to any home's interior.

{A. Tyner Antiques}


{Georgia Morel}

I have long had an affinity for Americana and folk art. This stall had all kinds of charming items that grabbed my attention. I particularly liked the old trade signage like the hand pictured above. He also had a large hand carved faucet that was shop sign.

{Georgia Morel}

Can you guess what the original purpose was for this one-of-kind lighting? They are vintage whisks from an old bakery. He also had some incredibly interesting industrial lighting pieces and an overhead light made from an old gymnasium bell. You have to see it.

{Georgia Morel}

I really, really, really wanted the hand wrought hinges pictured above. I have made a promise to myself to stop purchasing cool old things and save my dollars to renovate my living room. I am using all the willpower in my being not to purchase these lovelies.

{Mary Barstow Designs}

Mary Barstow from Atlanta had a very relevant offering with great large scale decorative antiques, French and Belgium grain sack pillows and industrial lighting. The scale, texture and 'cool' factor from her booth left a lasting impression.


{Mary Barstow Designs}

{Tusk Old World}

Jimmy Pruitt of Tusk Old World stocks horns from Europe with black forest mounts and other Adirondack inspired accessories perfect for creating a hunt club aesthetic. He was set-up with friends Andrew Harley and Antoinette Thomas offering an assortment of  interesting European antiques.

If you would like to learn more about The Antiques and Design Center of High Point visit there blog:
You have read this article antiques / High Point market with the title High Point Furniture market: 2010 Antiques Part II. You can bookmark this page URL http://porentreospingosdechuva.blogspot.com/2010/10/high-point-furniture-market-2010.html. Thanks!

No comment for "High Point Furniture market: 2010 Antiques Part II"

Post a Comment